This vacancy is also available in English. Click here to visit
Why are we looking for you
Due to the growth of our D&E department, we have an open position for a System Architect.
What will you be doing
- You are involved in the acquisition phase of projects (semicon, health-care, industrial systems and printing industry) and team up with an account manager and a project leader in which you are responsible for the technical contribution.
- In close cooperation with the account manager and project manager you steer the project team, set the requirements and conceive new advanced system architectures that translates into high-level mechatronics designs and best-in-class solutions.
- You are the main technical liaison between customer and project team in all phases of the project.
- You are responsible for the technical content in the execution phase of the project and define the work-breakdown-structure in cooperation with the project manager.
- You are end-responsible for a consistent system design (multidisciplinary domains) on all aspects that meets the functional specifications of our customers within the boundaries of overall cost, timing and quality. Therefore you actively delegate specialized aspects to your engineering colleagues and fellow system architects, that are not in your own knowledge domain.
- You team up with our manufacturing and assembly groups to ensure that the product being developed can be manufactured and tested according its customer requirements regarding first pass yield, cycle time and costs.
- You manage that the system is prototyped according the functional specifications.
- You are responsible for the technical aspects regarding prototype integration including validation and verification activities.
- You create and present the technical proposals (kick-off, system specifications, design reviews and integration plans amongst others) to technical management, colleagues and customers.
- You represent NTS at customers, conferences, fairs and universities.
- You stay up-to-date about the latest developments in your area of expertise.
- You are a key contributor to or owner of technology and competence roadmaps.
What skills do you have
You have the following hard skills:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics, Mechanics, Physics or similar)
- At least five year experience in systems design, preferably in a multidisciplinary high-tech context either in Research or Industry.
- Interested in and up-to-date knowledge of State-of-the-Art mechatronics, product and process level technologies
- Experience with opto-mechatronic systems is highly preferred
- Experience with vacuum technology and design for cleanliness is a preference
- Experience with leading a group of professionals
- Interested in coaching juniors
You have the following soft skills:
- Well-developed communication skills and sensitive to group dynamics.
- A pragmatic can-do attitude.
- Robust personality, able to deal with multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
- You know how to convey complex topics in an understandable, pleasant and convincing fashion
- Determined but with an open mind to receive insights from others
- Leadership skills and sensitive to stakeholders interest
- Proficient in English language.
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic international business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio for various customers in the high tech, semiconductor, life-sciences, printing markets. At NTS we highly value our employees: we actively invest in your technical and personal development, while your expertise, energy and commitment is appreciated by means of a competitive full benefit package. We will start with a one year contract. After that period it will be a perminent contract if you have proved to be perform well in this job.
More about this location
Our division Development & Engineering delivers cost effective solutions that drive our customers’ competitive edge, enabling short time to market: first time right, integrating production, assembly and life cycle management. Our customers operate in various industries, such as analytical, semiconductor, life sciences, and digital printing.
What can you expect
This is your opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art technology together with competent and enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high tech customers in a pleasant working environment. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mind-mind set and striving to be the best, are what we aim for in everything that we make and do.
Interested? Please apply via our website and add your resume and cover letter.
For more information about this vacancy please contact our recruiter Stephan Sonnemans via: Stephan.Sonnemans@nts-group.nl or +31(0) 6 551 83 097.
Je werkt bij één van de leidende toeleveranciers in de high tech industrie. Je bent bevlogen en betrokken bij je vakgebied, net als onze andere collega’s. Tegenover jouw passie en bevlogenheid voor je vakgebied zetten wij volop kansen en mogelijkheden om door te groeien.
Je wilt aan projecten werken die bijdragen aan de technologie van de toekomst. We zorgen er voor dat inhoudelijke projecten en werkzaamheden zo goed mogelijk gekoppeld zijn aan jouw kennis en vaardigheden. Zo helpen we jou en onze klanten om de toekomst te versnellen.
Je bent enthousiast om vakinhoudelijke- en competentiegerichte opleidingen en cursussen te volgen, zodat je jouw kennis en vaardigheden kunt blijven ontwikkelen op het gebied van innovatie, creativiteit, competentieontwikkeling en ondernemerschap.
Iedere week de laatste vacatures ontvangen?
Schrijf je nu in voor onze vacature update.
Lees hier de privacy verklaring