NTS Optel provides optical measurement solutions for optical inspection, functional testing, validation and qualification of 3D sensing hardware, built to your needs.
30 years of experience in optics, applied optics, opto-electronics, precision mechanics, mechatronics, software and laser technology
We find the optimum fit between handling, vision, sorting and automated optical inspection to achieve high throughput and accuracy
Keeping your production going is key. With engineering teams and manufacturing locations around the world we deliver a 24x7 service.
We build optical functional validation and qualification solutions for:
Lab and R&D optical test set-ups
Manually loaded optical systems
Automated high volume optical systems
Our proven track record
- Diffractive Optical Elements (DOE's) on glass or polycarbonate wafers/substrates
- Refractive Optical Elements (ROE's) on glass or polycarbonate wafers/substrates
- Holographic optical elements (HOE)
- Micro Lens Arrays (MLA's) on glass wafers/substrates
- Wafer level optics (WLO)
- IR laser projector with or without MEMS scanning devices
- Structured light laser projectors (sub testing and final testing)
- Micro opto-mechatronic devices (VCSEL)
- Optical components and modules for autonomous driving (Time of Flight (ToF) LIDAR, illumination and projection)
- Testers for quality inspection of (sealed) critical optical components
- Testers for quality inspection of integrated photonics devices
- Online and offline inspections including functional testing systems for Roll to Roll DOE’s and Nanostructures
What do we measure?
- For passive optical elements like DOE, MLA diffusers and structured light generators, we typically inspect the Zero-order power (ZO), diffraction angles (FOV), diffraction efficiency (DE), pattern homogeneity and contrast (in case of spot generators). This is done in one measurement.
- For optical sources like IR Laser projectors, Time of Flight (ToF) sensors or modules we typically inspect and functionally test beam power, emission pattern, optical spectrum and electrical characteristics, possibly at different temperature settings
- Because we have more than 25 years’ experience in optical measurement and a proven track record as shown above we can re-use so called “building blocks” for your dedicated solution request.
a typical customer request
"The imaging world is rapidly transitioning from capturing 2D information to 3D. This called 3D sensing is one of the mega trends of our industry that will drive the market over the next 10 years.
For a new product, currently in development, we need several systems for Optical Inspection, Testing and Qualification of the DOE’s included in our product. We expect a fast product ramp-up so the systems should be available as soon as possible.
- "The Diffractive Optical Elements (DOE’s) will be produced on glass or polycarbonate wafers"
- “The sensor is in development so expect several iterations"
- "For the first systems it is allowed that the DOE’s will be loaded manually on the test system. Later this needs to be automated"
- “The system should be cleanroom compatible"
frequently asked questions
What product throughput do you reach?
We have the handling, vision, sorting, automated optical inspection competencies and capabilities in-house. This makes sure we reach the required high product throughput and accuracy.
What is your service model?
We train your people to handle first level service items. Second line support is provided by our engineering team in your region. Our optical development team located in our headquarter guarantees the third level of support.
Is NTS only developing custom optical testers?
No, NTS develops and produces complex (opto) mechatronic systems for large, high-tech machine manufacturers (OEMs). The experience gathered in the semiconductor, analytical, life siences and printing markets are from great benefit developing your optical tester.
Can you deliver only 1 tester?
NTS is specialised in developing and manufacturing of small series of high complex systems. This includes one-off systems. Our whole organisation, development, engineering, assembly and supply chain are setup for this purpose.
Do you want to know more about our competences?
Ask one of our experts