Customized Industrial Inkjet Printers or printer modules
NTS provides in-house development and manufacturing
Short time to market by using proven building blocks and fast lane proto production
Low total cost of ownership by using proven building blocks, volume production and global footprint
Risk mitigation by industrial scale InkJet process validation
The JetFab: Our industrial inkjet printing platform for R&D and (pre-)production
In today’s high tech markets, the demand for new innovative products, technologies and materials is accelerating. Therefore pressure at R&D departments keeps increasing and the time to market of new products and new technologies shortens. The need for closer cooperation between R&D and (pre-) production is key to succeed in today’s global and competitive markets. Consequently the demand is high for a new platform that helps to define process parameters and equipment requirements.
To meet up with these challenges, NTS developed a smart, flexible and innovative platform called ‘the JetFab’. The system is developed especially to do the R&D development and the (pre-)production. An additional substrate handler can enable 24/7 production.
Application areas of the JetFab
NTS is able to customize the platform to any requirement for customers who want to market industrial printers and can make cost effective re-use of key technologies and/or modules used. Applications areas of the JetFab platform are:
Download our Digital printing whitepaper "Applying cutting-edge technology at industrial scale"
In recent years, digital printing has taken flight. Advances in inks and printing technology now allow for the application of functional printing in nearly every industry. In this whitepaper, our functional printing experts share their vision on:
- Developments within the digital printing market;
- Functional printing and the importance of uptime and yield;
- The JetFab platform as an advanced R&D and Pre-Production tool for industrial scale inkjet application;
- Partnerships for developing, manufacturing and assembly of printing solutions;
- The future of digital printing.
Fill in the form below and download our whitepaper
The JetProof Test Platform: Print production made predictable
NTS is offering a novel approach to bridging the gap between early feasibility testing and scaling-up to industrial level inkjet integration with JetProof. Its aim: seamless adaptation from laboratory proofing to functional print production in a shorter time and at a lower cost. The JetProof system is used by NTS in its own PrintLab and it is available as dedicated solution for laboratory and pre-production environments.
The core features of the JetProof
- the JetFlow; our ink supply system enables flexible and precise handling of various ink types; core control software to process image/data streams and drive all components.
- Print strategy; JetProof supports fixed array, scanning, single-pass, multi-pass; vertical, horizontal and angled print orientations.
- Choice of printhead; Adaptable carriage for wide variety of high performance printheads, allowing for single-channel and multi-channel printing of n-color inkjet and functional fluids.
- Modular design; Integration of pre- and post-treatment modules; versatile media handling of flexible and rigid media on x-stage, flatbed, conveyor or as roll-to-roll.
Applications area of the JetProof:
- Promotional printing (i.e. packaging, cardboard, foil, display, banner)
- Functional printing (i.e. coatings, medical, optical, electronics, conductive)
- Decorative printing (i.e. interior, wallpaper, glass, panels, exterior)
- Structural printing (i.e. shapes, embellishment, 2.5D/3D, components)
Download our Digital printing whitepaper "Transition from analogue to digital printing"
In the domain of graphical printing, changing consumer demand drives digital printing innovation from one market to the next. When developments, seemingly suddenly, arrive at a tipping point for a specific market, OEM and manufacturers are often scrambling to respond. There is tremendous opportunity for visionary companies to significantly change their trajectory in these times of change. New products and customization options become possible when such a technological shift occurs. In this whitepaper, our graphical printing experts discuss:
- the transition from analogue to digital printing in the graphical market;
- the increasing number of applications of digital graphical printing;
- our PrintStation as a solution to transition from analogue to digital printing;
- a case study of integrating the PrintStation in an analogue printing line.
Fill in the form below and download our whitepaper
Our industrial printing track record
NTS has 25+ years’ experience in developing, manufacturing and assembly of customized inkjet printer or printer modules in different market segments namely graphical printing, functional printing and 3D/additive manufacturing.
Our printer building blocks approach
NTS developed modular printer building blocks to shorten time to market and reduce total cost of ownership. Our key printer building blocks are:
The JetClean: Maintenance
Every print process requires the cleaning of the printhead. With the JetClean module the cleaning is done without touching the printhead which, extends the lifetime of printhead. The automated JetClean wiping and flushing functions reduce the maintenance time and human error, increasing the printer uptime and predictable print quality.
The JetBar: Printhead alignment
The multifunctional JetBar brings industrial printing to the next and repeatable quality level. The JetBar increases the overall print quality and at the same time reduces maintenance time and costs. With the available customisation options, the JetBar is a key asset for all industrial printers.
The JetFlow: Inksupply
The JetFlow, a modular and compact ink delivery module which provides high flow rate for re-circulating print heads to achieve high speed printing. Designed with standardized components, the JetFlow is a key module for all high speed printing applications.
The PrintStation: Expanding your printing process by digital printing
The PrintStation, a modular and compact digital print module can be seamlessly integrated into existing analogue printing line to achieve variable data, colored image or special effects for high speed printing.
Our other NTS printer building blocks
A quick overview of our other building blocks which we developed at NTS can be found here. By having a modular approach we offer cost-effective solutions and short time to market.
What do we offer?
- All-In-One providing - Development, manufacturing & life cycle management of printers and modules.
- Core (opto-) mechatronics technologies to develop high speed and high accuracy printers.
- Established partnership with printhead manufacturer, ink and process development companies.
- Industrial scale process validation facility that in addition allows translation from process to printer requirements.
Why is NTS your partner for customized inkjet systems?
- 25+ years of experience in developing, producing and servicing state-of-the-art digital printers.
- Printer building blocks portfolio for short time to market and low total cost of ownership
- Cross-pollination from semiconductor equipment technologies to printing technologies – Motion, System Dynamics & inspection system.
- ‘Fast lane’ prototype production for time-to-test (concept, product or market)
- Global production and assembly footprint.
- ‘Customized’ Business Models for different customers.
Do you want to discover how our expertise can help you shorten time to market?
Ask one of our experts