Customized industrial digital printing solutions for the semiconductor, analytical and health market
Short time to market by using proven building blocks and fast lane proto production
Low total cost of ownership by using proven building blocks, volume production and global footprint
Risk mitigation by industrial scale InkJet process validation
NTS has 25+ years’ experience in developing, manufacturing and assembly of customized inkjet printer or printer modules in different market segments namely functional printing and 3D/additive manufacturing. NTS strategically focuses on OEMs who see opportunities in realizing digital printing technology for the semiconductor, analytical or health market, but do not have the sufficient knowledge and experience in-house to do so, can benefit optimally from the services of NTS. You can find our printing track record below.
Customer case: Industrial inkjet printing for R&D and (pre-)production
In today’s high tech markets, the demand for new innovative products, technologies and materials is accelerating. Therefore pressure at R&D departments keeps increasing and the time to market of new products and new technologies shortens. The need for closer cooperation between R&D and (pre-) production is key to succeed in today’s global and competitive markets. Therefore, there was a need for a new platform that helps to define process parameters and equipment requirements.
The system is developed especially to do the R&D development and the (pre-)production. An additional substrate handler can enable 24/7 production.
Creating added value
"NTS wants to add maximum value to ensure success. To achieve this we also see complementarity and entering into a long-term relationship as an important prerequisite. NTS ideally seeks involvement in the entire creation process, from the initial idea and development, to component manufacturing, assembly, maintenance and service. This fits our company as a highly vertically integrated organization that has everything under one roof. In addition, our projects usually entail creating first of a kind solutions in digital printing. These are new products that need to be brought from a concept to a reliable technology and robust implementation in high speed and high throughput 24/7 production processes. And that requires a multitude of specific knowledge and competences, multidisciplinary and experience as a system integrator."
- Shahzad Khan, Strategic Business Developer Digital Printing at NTS
Download our Digital printing whitepaper "Applying cutting-edge technology at industrial scale"
In recent years, digital printing has taken flight. Advances in inks and printing technology now allow for the application of functional printing in nearly every industry. In this whitepaper, our functional printing experts share their vision on:
- Developments within the digital printing market;
- Functional printing and the importance of uptime and yield;
- Customer case of an advanced R&D and Pre-Production tool for industrial scale inkjet application;
- Partnerships for developing, manufacturing and assembly of printing solutions;
- The future of digital printing.
Fill in the form below and download our whitepaper
Customer case: Printing platform - Print production made predictable
We developed a novel approach to bridging the gap between early feasibility testing and scaling-up to industrial level inkjet integration. Its aim: seamless adaptation from laboratory proofing to functional print production in a shorter time and at a lower cost. The system is a dedicated solution for laboratory and pre-production environments.
The core features
- Ink supply; enables flexible and precise handling of various ink types; core control software to process image/data streams and drive all components.
- Print strategy; supports fixed array, scanning, single-pass, multi-pass; vertical, horizontal and angled print orientations.
- Choice of printhead; Adaptable carriage for wide variety of high performance printheads, allowing for single-channel and multi-channel printing of n-color inkjet and functional fluids.
- Modular design; Integration of pre- and post-treatment modules; versatile media handling of flexible and rigid media on x-stage, flatbed, conveyor or as roll-to-roll.
- Functional printing (i.e. coatings, medical, optical, electronics, conductive)
- Structural printing (i.e. shapes, embellishment, 2.5D/3D, components)
Our industrial printing track record in semicon, analytical and health
NTS has 25+ years’ experience in developing, manufacturing and assembly of digital printing technology for the semiconductor, analytical or health market. We are strong in functional printing and 3D printing/additive manufacturing.
Functional printing track record
3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing track record
Our digital printing process expertise
NTS has special expertise in printing processses to shorten time to market and reduce total cost of ownership. Our core competences relate to:
Maintenance & Cleaning
Every print process requires the cleaning of the printhead. We have experience in cleaning without touching the printhead, which extends the lifetime of printhead. Automated wiping and flushing reduce the maintenance time and human error, increasing the printer uptime and predictable print quality.
We bring industrial printing to the next and repeatable quality level. We are able to increase the overall print quality and at the same time reduces maintenance time and costs.
We are able to achieve high flow rates for re-circulating print heads to achieve high speed printing.
What do we offer?
- All-In-One providing - Development, manufacturing & life cycle management of printing solutions.
- Core (opto-) mechatronics competences to develop high speed and high accuracy printing technology.
- Established partnership with printhead manufacturer, ink and process development companies.
- Industrial scale process validation facility that in addition allows translation from process to printer requirements.
Why is NTS your partner for customized inkjet systems?
- 25+ years of experience in developing, producing and servicing state-of-the-art digital printing technology
- Track record in time to market and low total cost of ownership
- ‘Fast lane’ prototype production for time-to-test (concept, product or market)
- Global production and assembly footprint.
Do you want to discover how our expertise can help you shorten time to market?
Ask one of our experts