Why are we looking for you
Due to an increase in High Tech projects, we are looking for a Mechanical Lead Engineer for our Development & Engineering department in Eindhoven (preferably) and/or Nijmegen.
Position in the organization:
- You report directly to the Group Leader
- In the project you report to the System Architect and Project Manager
What are you going to do
- You are responsible to deliver a suitable technical design that is correct in terms of quality and/or a quotation, that meets the specifications requested within a specified time and budget.
- The responsibility for the design may concern a small complete machine or a module in a complex machine, and your involvement extends not only to project execution but also in the acquisition of projects.
- The System Lead Engineer works at a multidisciplinary level with several specialties and is in charge of the small and medium-sized multidisciplinary engineering teams (3-6FTE), where you functionally manage the design engineers.
- During the concept phase of the project you can use your creativity to devise solutions for the design and go from “what” to “how” and define with the system architect the technologies to use.
- You make a translation from the technologies involved in the solution to the disciplines needed in the team and support the project manager in drawing up the plan in acquistion of project (quotes) and execution.
- You interact with our manufacturing and assembly site to assure that the designs can be manufactured and assembled efficiently and at competitive costs.
- During project execution you oversee and ensure the creation of the required documentation of your module or machine.
- You maintain contacts with customers, partners, and suppliers, to ensure you have proper understanding of the challenges of our customers and the solutions we can provide in cooperation with our partners and suppliers.
What skills do you have
- A completed master degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Electrical Engineering, preferably towards opto-mechatronic equipment
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Able to take leadership and function independently in a team.
- Conceptual thinker with an eye for detail, creative and at the same time structured.
- You are able to communicate with customers at a high analytical level.
- You can discuss at sufficient detail with your engineering team, give them proper direction, guidance, and motivate them to excel in their job
- Experience with 3D CAD software
- Experience with modeling and simulation techniques in your discipline
- A pragmatic attitude.
- Good knowledge of the English language in speech and writing. Good knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
What do we offer
This is your chance to be involved with the latest technologies together with enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high-tech customers in an informal and pleasant working environment.
We start with an annual contract, which can be converted to a contract for an indefinite period (permanent job) upon proven suitability. Do you recognize yourself in the above vacancy?
Then we look forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter. For additional information about this vacancy, please contact Stephan Sonnemans, recruiter, 06-55183097.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.