Why are we looking for you
NTS develops, produces, assembles and tests complex (opto-)mechatronic systems and mechanical modules for large, high-tech machine manufacturers (OEMs). As a first-tier systems supplier, we focus on companies active in markets with high levels of product diversity, low volumes and high complexity, such as the semiconductor, lifesciences and digital printing markets, in which precision, actuation in multiple degrees of freedom and cleanroom manufacturing are paramount.
NTS is involved in the entire life cycle of mechatronics precision equipment. This includes development, production, and also maintenance. From the moment of shipment of a system to a customer, typically the data that is collected in the equipment itself will be used for remote monitoring, e.g. over an IoT gateway to the cloud. Also, already during the several stages of development and testing at NTS before shipment to the NTS customer, a large amount of relevant data is generated.
For better understanding of the data, for a better discussion on the data, data visualization is key. NTS wants to keep improving it’s existing framework, which is also using pre-existing libraries. Goal is to make the data available to all types of engineers, rather than having predefined reports.
What will you be doing
The Project Assignment has the following objectives:
- Create visualizations regarding:
- -Distributions and trends
- -Deviations from distributions and trends
- -Areas of interest, e.g. apply hour glasses
- -Tree-alike models of budget-decompositions with expected values and actual values, expected ranges and actual ranges.
- -Commonalities between areas of interest
- Alternative representations for information-intensive views on data
- Apply on both individual system data and multi-system collective data
- Apply 3D charting on multidimensional data, e.g. on collective data and re-runs
- Goal is to make the visualizations highly intuitive for the typical users: system engineers, service engineers, test engineers
- In addition to pre-programmed charts, allow for self-service options
- Auto-suggest representations, auto-suggest areas of interest, auto-suggest extrapolations. Here (artificially) intelligent algorithms may be used
- Make sure that visualizations are highly configurable/reusable
Because you are part of a multidisciplinary project team, the execution location of this project is at our D&E location in Eindhoven. Coaching and supervision is provided from this site.
TimingWe are flexible regarding the start of the project. Soonest start is September 2020, and the project should not start later than March 2021.
What skill do you have
- The project can be carried out as a graduation project or PD-Eng traineeship.
- Preferred is a background in Computing Science, but we also encourage people with an education in Mathematics, Physics or Mechatronics with a significant software component to apply.
- Knowledge of C#/WPF is a plus but not a must.
- Tailoring the project deliverables towards the requirements of your institute/university is possible.
- Also the project can be tailored for the execution by multiple students.
- As an individual person, you are pro-active, eager to learn and a self-starter.
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere, and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mindset and striving to be the best are what we aim for in everything that we make and do. Naturally, these are traits that we are also looking for in our new colleague.
What can you expect
This is your opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art technology together with enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high tech customers in a pleasant working environment. At NTS we highly value our employees: we actively invest in your technical and personal development, while your expertise, energy and commitment is appreciated by means of a competitive full benefit package.
For more information on this Project Assignment please contact:
Laurens van der Laar, Software Architect +31 (0)6 41 16 97 57
Are you ready to make a difference? Please let us know, apply and add your resume and cover letter.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.