Why are we looking for you
NTS develops, produces, assembles and tests complex (opto-)mechatronic systems and mechanical modules for large, high-tech machine manufacturers (OEMs). As a first-tier systems supplier, we focus on companies active in markets with high levels of product diversity, low volumes and high complexity, such as the semiconductor, lifesciences and digital printing markets, in which precision, actuation in multiple degrees of freedom and cleanroom manufacturing are paramount.
At NTS D&E Eindhoven we have a continually running students project in the field of control systems. We are continually looking to improve the tools and understanding of the motion systems required for our machines. We offer the freedom to jointly shape the assignment to your preferred field of expertise and the possibility to work with industry standard motion systems to gain hands on experience.
What will you be doing
Possible objectives for assignments are:
- Improving the in-house loop shaping toolbox to interact with controller hardware from several vendors and verifying the toolbox on hardware setups
- Implementing/expanding the NTS system identification toolbox by updating and improving the current routines and implementing new routines
- Comparing the performance of industrial and self-programmed implementations of special features.
- Creating new test setups to test several and explore advanced motion and control strategies for future machines. This includes the mechanical design, the electronics needed to connect to the several platforms we use, and finally commissioning the control setup.
LocationBecause you are part of a multidisciplinary environment, the execution location of this project is NTS D&E location in Eindhoven. Coaching and supervision is provided from this site.
TimingWe are flexible regarding the start of the project. Soonest start is September 2020.
What skill do you have
- These assignments vary from the skill level of a Mechatronics Bachelor graduation project for a student who has some affinity with motion control, up to a TU master student internship/graduation project.
We can tailor the project deliverables towards the requirements of your institute/university. and we also encourage teams of students (max 4) to apply.
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere, and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mindset and striving to be the best are what we aim for in everything that we make and do. Naturally, these are traits that we are also looking for in our new colleague.
What can you expect
This is your opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art technology together with enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high tech customers in a pleasant working environment. At NTS we highly value our employees: we actively invest in your technical and personal development, while your expertise, energy and commitment is appreciated by means of a competitive full benefit package.
Are you ready to make a difference? Please let us know, apply and add your resume and cover letter.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.