Why are we looking for you
NTS develops, produces, assembles and tests complex (opto-)mechatronic systems and mechanical modules for large, high-tech machine manufacturers (OEMs). As a first-tier systems supplier, we focus on companies active in markets with high levels of product diversity, low volumes and high complexity, such as the semiconductor, lifesciences and digital printing markets, in which precision, actuation in multiple degrees of freedom and cleanroom manufacturing are paramount.
At NTS D&E we want to execute a student project to investigate and demonstrate the possibilities of using low level mechatronic data such as servo errors, settling times and output currents of power amplifiers as input for future predictive maintenance functionality in machines that we develop for customers.
What will you be doing
The Project Assignment has the following objectives:
- Study the properties of the existing NTS motion control HW and SW architecture in which the required low level data is at least partly present but not available at an interface to enable to build applications on top of it
- Carry out a literature study with has as scope: which low level mechatronics data is needed to generate predictive maintenance applications for particular products and use cases. In all applications the commonality is that it is about a precision mechanics product carrier which is actuated by multiple actuators to realize 6DoF systems. These actuators are controlled by the NTS HW/SW motion control architecture
- Make a plan that should include how to disclose the existing low level data in NTS motion control architecture plus an overview of missing data that is needed according the literature study.
- Specification of a HW/SW test-setup, including selection of the appropriate hardware and software components
- Realization of the test-setup, which should include building an application on top of the NTS motion control architecture
- Conduct hardware & software tests, and write a test report and a sales pitch.
Because you are part of a multidisciplinary project team, the execution location of this project is at our D&E location in Eindhoven. Coaching and supervision is provided from this site.
TimingThe project needs to start in September 2020. Individual students or teams of students can apply.
What skill do you have
- Required skill level is a Bachelor degree in Mechatronics or a degree/background that has significant overlap with this.
- You should have a strong interest and preferably have handson experience in creation of software for mechatronics applications.
Tailoring the project deliverables towards the requirements of your institute/university is possible. The project is open for both individual students or teams of students.
- As a person, you are pro-active, eager to learn and a self-starter.
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere, and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mindset and striving to be the best are what we aim for in everything that we make and do. Naturally, these are traits that we are also looking for in our new colleague.
What can you expect
This is your opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art technology together with enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high tech customers in a pleasant working environment. At NTS we highly value our employees: we actively invest in your technical and personal development, while your expertise, energy and commitment is appreciated by means of a competitive full benefit package.
Are you ready to make a difference? Please let us know, apply and add your resume and cover letter.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.