Why are we looking for you
NTS develops, produces, assembles and tests complex (opto-)mechatronic systems and mechanical modules for large, high-tech machine manufacturers (OEMs). As a first-tier systems supplier, we focus on companies active in markets with high levels of product diversity, low volumes and high complexity, such as the semiconductor, lifesciences and digital printing markets, in which precision, actuation in multiple degrees of freedom and cleanroom manufacturing are paramount. At NTS D&E we want to execute a student project to investigate and demonstrate the possibilities and advantages of using IO-link bus in machines which we develop for our customers. We are entering the Industrial IoT/data/AI era and intend to apply IO-link as our future sensor architecture.
What will you be doing
The student project has following objectives:
- Identify the opportunities of IO-link for NTS.
- What are the pro’s and con’s (technical, impact for customers and NTS production, cost).
- In which way can the sensor data provided by an IO-link system be used within the existing NTS motion control architecture and enhance its functionality for Industry 4.0 type of applications.
- Specification of a test-setup, including selection of the appropriate hardware and software components.
- Realization of the test-setup, building an application for the NTS motion control architecture.
- Conduct hardware & software tests, and write a test report and a sales pitch.
- Because you are part of a multidisciplinary project team, the execution location of this project is our D&E location in Eindhoven. Coaching and supervision is provided from this site.
What skills do you have
- You have a bachelor degree in Mechatronics.
- You are pro-active and eager to learn.
- You have good analytical skills.
- You are able to plan and set priorities, in order to get the results needed.
- You are a confident communicator with like-minded professionals.
- You comfortable in working with people from different departments, with different technical and cultural backgrounds, at various hierarchical levels.
Good to know… Whether you looking for an internship, a traineeship, or you have spare time for a technical challenge? Either way, the specific terms for employment can be challenged. Please let us know. We gladly accommodate you in your current situation.
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere, and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mindset and striving to be the best are what we aim for in everything that we make and do. Naturally, these are the traits that we are looking for in our new colleague.
What can you expect
This is your opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art technology together with enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high tech customers in a pleasant working environment. At NTS we highly value our employees: we actively invest in your technical and personal development, while your expertise, energy and commitment is appreciated by means of a competitive full benefit package.
Are you ready to make a difference? Please let us know and apply via our website nts-group.nl.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.