Why are we looking for you
NTS develops, makes, assembles and tests complex (opto) mechatronic systems and mechanical modules for large high-tech machine builders (OEMs). As a primary system supplier, we focus on companies in markets with high product variety, low volumes and high complexity - for example semiconductor, life sciences and digital printing. We are constantly taking up the challenge of designing and producing parts that have a high degree of difficulty. We are involved in new technological developments at an early stage and we ensure their direct implementation in industrial applications. With all expertise in the field of engineering, production and measuring, we work on 100% customer satisfaction. Our colleagues play a crucial role in the success of NTS. They actually make a difference for our customers. With their broad knowledge and experience, we work with passion, pride and ambition for our customers. Due to the expansion of our activities, we are looking within the team at our location in Drachten for a CNC Turner Ultra Precision with knowledge of machining, programming, Hembrug, Mikroturn and Siemens.
What will you be doing
In this position you will work with a team of experienced specialists. Together with this team you are responsible for realizing ultra-precision parts in series and single pieces by CNC turning on a hydrostatic Hembrug Mikroturn lathe with Siemens 840 D control. You are also responsible for:
- Reading and interpreting assignments, working drawings and sketches.
- Check products and documentation.
- Determining the cutting conditions and parameters.
- Checking, fixing, clamping and setting of tools and material in the machine.
- Calling up, installing and modifying an existing CNC program.
- Programming the machine. (Siemens 840 D / Tensor)
- Set and adjust the machine to the micron precision.
- Simulating and adjusting programs.
- Measuring and checking your own work, both interim and first product inspection using hand tools and measuring machines from Mahr. (roundness and profile)
- Recording of used CNC programs.
- Establishing setup times and part times.
What skills do you have
- MBO mechanical engineering or comparable training at level 4.
Minimum 5 years of CNC turning experience.
- Knowledge of control (Siemens 840 D).
- Knowledge of measurement techniques (Mahr roundness and profile).
- Knowledge of (exotic) materials (carbide, ceramic, platinum, diamond, etc.).
- Knowledge of programming is an advantage.
To be successful in this job, Dutch language proficiency level B2 is required, meaning:
- You can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- You can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- You can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work within a successful and dynamic company with a leading position in the market and a very attractive project portfolio. Our organization is characterized by an informal and collegial atmosphere, in which there is an eye and ear for each individual. Drive, entrepreneurship, focus on results and the joy of being the best, we propagate in everything we think up and do. Naturally, we also expect this from our new colleague.
What can you expect from us
We ensure that you quickly feel at home in our team. By connecting to one of our experienced colleagues, you quickly get to know our company and your other colleagues. You take the time to discuss the expectations for your new role with your manager. What you do, of course, you do well. The why and for whom you do it is just as important to us. We are happy to answer all your questions about this. You will quickly master our way of working. Before you know it, you will make all the difference and add value for our customers. If you are interested but still have some questions, please contact Johan van der Heide, Team Leader for Machining, on telephone number 088-6676801. We look forward to receive your application with cover letter and resume.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.