Why are we looking for you
To strengthen our Global Business Development team we have an open position for a Business Development Manager with focus on Opto-Mechatronic systems.
What will you be doing
- You will develop a vision and market strategy on how NTS can continue and expand its position in the field of opto-mechatronics (optics being a specific part of the proposition). In addition you will investigate additional market segments that could be of interest to NTS such as photonics and next generations of metrology- and analytics equipment
- You will create and maintain strong relationships with new customers, familiarizing yourself with the markets in which they operate, and establish contacts with their decision makers. You will also follow relevant technology and business trends, share your insights with the Development & Engineering organization, ultimately leading to thought leadership for the NTS organization in the field of opto-mechatronic systems
- In this role, you will be responsible for new business development, regularly attending (international) trade fairs and networking events and organizing customer events at NTS premises
- You will bring leads to the NTS organization and team up with colleagues from sales as well as Development and Engineering, form and chair capture teams and take care that leads become customer projects
What skills do you have
- You are a Business Development Manager with ten years of experience in the high-tech industry having approximately five years in a business development role
- Your technical basis is a Master or Bachelor degree in Physics, Mechanics, Mechatronics, or Electronics
- You have work experience within project-driven international organizations, a broad knowledge of Optics, Mechanics and Electronics, and eagerness to learn about these and other technologies relevant for your assignment
- You have a creative mind-set to find the win-win for both customer and NTS, can deal with stakeholders at multiple levels and have a relevant industrial network. Drive, entrepreneurship, excellent listening skills and a focus on the needs of the customer are key requirements for the role
- Proficiency in Dutch and English is a prerequisite, proficiency in any other languages is preferred
- Anticipated Travel time is 50% (on a full-time employment basis) mainly in Europe
What do we offer
In the role of Business Development Manager, you will be granted the freedom to use your own initiative in achieving commercial targets within focus. You will be based in Nijmegen co-located with the Development and Engineering team for and with you will acquire customer projects. You report to the director of Global Sales based in Eindhoven in close cooperation with D&E site manager in Nijmegen. You will be part of a global business development and sales team that actively works together towards serving customers.
What can you expect
This is your opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art technology together with enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high tech customers in a pleasant working environment. At NTS we highly value our employees: we actively invest in your technical and personal development, while your expertise, energy and commitment is appreciated by means of a competitive full benefit package.
Interested in this challenging role? Please include a cover letter and your curriculum vitae in your application.
For more information on the above role, please contact Monique Neilen (Corporate Recruiter), +31(0)613804966
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.