Why are we looking for you?
Our purchasing department is growing, and we are looking for a project buyer. This department currently employs six operational buyers, eight project buyers and one initial buyer. In this role, you will report directly to the purchasing team leader. In the role of project buyer, you will focus on a range of projects, within which you will be responsible for all of the purchasing preparations and purchasing project-related technical materials within the project plan.
What will you be doing?
- As a buyer, your role will be selecting suppliers within the tender process, and you will negotiate pricing, optimum order size and delivery times.
- You will also be responsible for shortening lead times in the purchasing process and ensuring on time delivery. You will be responsible for making sure that the project team is on the same page.
- You will coordinate the specification process between the engineering department and suppliers (early supplier involvement) and you will take inventory of the purchasing risks, which includes taking action to minimize and manage risks. Finally, you will ensure that the necessary supplier project deliverables are ultimately delivered and are of good quality, thereby safeguarding high-volume production.
- It goes without saying that you are responsible for setting up the commercial conditions in the ERP system and you will provide project reports and purchasing documentation (price, quality and logistical agreements) on behalf of the project team and management.
What skills do you have?
- You are a proactive go-getter with an affinity for the high tech market.
- You have achieved at least an applied sciences-level degree, preferably in technical engineering. You also possess an NEVI diploma.
- We are looking for someone with strong communication skills and a hands-on mentality who recognizes challenges in maintaining contacts with clients and suppliers.
- You also have ample experience with ERP systems (Navision is a prerequisite) and you are extremely familiar with MS Office.
- Finally, you have an excellent command of English. German fluency is mandatory.
What do we offer?
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere, and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mindset and striving to be the best are what we aim for in everything that we make and do. Naturally, these are the traits that we are looking for in our new colleague.
What can you expect from us?
We will take care to ensure that you quickly feel at home on our team. We will pair you up with one of our experienced colleagues who will show your the ropes and introduce you to your other co-workers. You will be given time to discuss what is expected of you in your new role with your supervisor. It’s a given that you do your job well, but we think it’s equally important to understand why you are doing it, and for whom. We are happy to answer any questions you may have in that regard. This approach will help you to quickly get the hang of how we operate and put you in a position to make a real difference and add value for our team and our clients.
Are you ready to make a difference? Get in touch with us and apply for the position of Project Buyer. For more information about this job listing, you can contact our recruiter, Pepijn Holla, at +31 (0)6 51548 405. Please include a cover letter and your curriculum vitae in your application.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.