Why are we looking for you
We are looking for a production engineer for our growing engineering department.
What will you be doing
The engineering department at NTS Mechanics is seeking an expert with a passion for technology to join us as a production engineer. You will be responsible for ensuring that the product manufacturing process is sound. You will join a team of roughly 28 employees and you will report directly to the engineering manager. As a production engineer, you will get to know products inside and out in order to create an comprehensible overview, from functionality and manufacturability to assembly. To that end, you will be closely involved in the product development phase of the project. You will focus on trouble shooting during series production and continuous process improvement.
- At a later stage, you will identify existing knowledge in terms of pending modifications (TPD maintenance) and potential quality issues. You will also set up the assembly process, which will entail workplace layout, goods flow and setting up Navision (bill of materials format, routings).
- You will initiate and implement improvements to the design and/or assembly process with the ultimate goal of improving efficiency and quality.
- You are the link between clients, colleagues and suppliers for all things engineering-related in your portfolio.
- As a production engineer, you will determine which testing methods are necessary for product validation, and you will write out the proposed changes for improving product manufacturing.
What skills do you have
- We are looking for a go-getter with an applied sciences or research university degree and at least three years of experience in a similar position in the field of mechatronics. Familiarity with lean and/or a Six Sigma green belt are prerequisites.
- You possess broad knowledge of assembly and creative processes and corresponding quality assurance, including relevant production resources and monitoring/testing equipment, and you are familiar with FMEA, the 8D method and MRP.
- You take a well-organized approach to your work and can articulate your thoughts in a clear and compelling manner, which includes knowing who to approach for any given matter. If you are an analytical, proactive, client-conscious and results-oriented professional, you just might be the person we are looking for!
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere, and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mindset and striving to be the best are what we aim for in everything that we make and do. Naturally, these are the traits we are also looking for in our new colleague.
What can you expect from us
We will take care to ensure that you quickly feel at home on our team. We will pair you up with one of our experienced colleagues who will show your the ropes and introduce you to your other co-workers. You will be given time to discuss what is expected of you in your new role with your supervisor. It’s a given that you do your job well, but we think it’s equally important to understand why you are doing it, and for whom. We are happy to answer any questions you may have in that regard. This approach will help you to quickly get the hang of how we operate and put you in a position to make a real difference and add value for our team and our clients.
Are you ready to make a difference? Get in touch with us and apply for the position of Production Engineer. For more information about this job listing, you can contact our recruiter, Pepijn Holla, at +31 (0)6 51548 405. Please include a cover letter and your curriculum vitae in your application.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.
Do you want to receive our vacancies directly in your mailbox?
Leave your e-mail address and keep informed.
Click here for our privacy statement.